It’s that time of year where if you’re not careful, your hands can become a bit of a sore issue. The skin on your hands is very delicate which normally makes them the first to suffer in cold weather. I personally suffer hard, unless I stick to a strict skincare routine. So I thought I’d share it with you, just incase you find your poor hands are suffering too.
- Invest in a good hand cream with a high percentage of cocoa butter/coconut oil/Shea butter/almond oil. These sink into your skin really easily and penetrate deeply; keeping your hands softer for longer. My favourite hand cream is the L’Occitane Shea Vanilla Bouquet Hand Cream as it smells so good and it’s 100% non greasy. I luckily found a giant 150ml sized on QVC which is the perfect size for my bed side table. I’ve used it every day for the past 3 months and I’ve barely made a dent!
- Carry a handy travel sized hand cream in your hand bag so you can moisturise on the go. L’Occitane have some lovely travel sized products for £8 each which sink in super quickly, which means you can start using your hands again ASAP.
- Moisturise 10-15 minutes before you go to sleep to allow the cream to sink in. If your hands are particularly dry, pop on some gloves to help retain moisture for longer.
- When it’s particularly nippy outside, pop on some gloves or mittens to protect your hands from the elements.
- Invest in a good, yet gentle hand scrub. Exfoliating dead skin cells away once a week will keep your hands super smooth. I personally love Lush’s Salted Coconut Hand Scrub which contains glycerine, argan oil, cupuacu butter, extra virgin coconut oil and neroli oil. You’ll know it’s worked as your hands will literally change colour from dull to glowing. Now pop on some nail varnish and your hands are insta ready.
- When washing your hands, use luke warm water instead of super hot no matter how cold it is outside; it’s not as near as harsh on your hands.
I hope that you find this list helpful, I suffered with dry hands for a long time until I built up a routine for looking after them. Now my hands are always soft and smooth, and now yours can be too.
What’s your favourite hand cream?
Emily Mae x