2016 was definitely a massive year for makeup trends with the largest being highlighters, liquid lipsticks and the rise of the palettes. To celebrate the transition into 2017, E.L.F sent me a January Beauty Squad Box to help me shimmer and glow long after the clock strikes midnight. As you all seem to like my previous unboxing posts I thought I would of course share this box with you all:
- Baked Eyeshadow Trio Peach Please £5
- Baked Eyeshadow Trio Brown Bonanza £5
- Illuminating Palette £7.50
- Baked Highlighter Blush Gems £4.50
- Velvet Matte Lipstick Bold Berry £4.50
I love absolutely everything about this box: highlighters, shimmery eyeshadows and a matte lipstick – hell yes! I feel like it perfectly summarises 2016 with it’s glowing beauty trends and I cannot wait to review the highlighting palette for you all. This has also started to make me think about this new year and what the big beauty trends of 2017 would be. So I thought it would be fun to list my predictions below and to check back in a year to see if I was correct!
- Peachy Goodness! With TooFaced relaunching their Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette along with an entire peach inspired collection, I think Peachy hues will play a massive role in 2017. Makeup Revolution have joined the trend with their version of the Sweet Peach Palette and I don’t think it’ll be long before we start seeing peach lipsticks, blushes and highlights in the drugstore.
- Metallic Lips! I don’t think matte liquid lipsticks are going to go anywhere but I definitely think metallic liquid lipsticks are going to majorly enter the game. Like a matte liquid lip, these dry completely but with a metallic finish which catches the light. Could this be the matte version to lip gloss?
- Palettes! I think 2017 will bring the launch of so many new palettes but particularly in the drug store.
I’d love to know what you think the big 2017 trends will be in the comments below!
Doing an E.L.F order? Use the discount code PEACH on any order over £25 to get a free 3-piece set worth £14 to also lighten your look.
Emily Mae x
Disclaimer: These products were sent to me for free as I am a member of the E.L.F Beauty Insider’s Squad. This is not a sponsored post.