This month I was so excited to receive my first VoxBox where I was very kindly sent Bourjois’ Velvet Matte Lipstick collection. Containing 12, utterly gorgeous shades from nude, pink, orange, red, berry and brown – I was so excited to get stuck in and test them out.
Encased in bright and colourful plastic packaging which matches each lipstick shade; these lipsticks are £8.99 each and available in Boots, Superdrug and Feel Unique. Each possesses a tear drop shaped lipstick for precise lines and a perfect pout. I found these super easy to apply though if you like to overline you lips, I highly recommend popping on a lip liner first.
The formula of these lipsticks are beautiful. They feel creamy and hydrating as you apply them to the lips and they don’t compromise on pigmentation. Each shade is rich and bursting with colour and the blend of hydrating waxes and light oils leaves your lips feeling velvety soft. As you wear them they leave your lips feeling hydrated which will be an absolute godsend as we enter Autumn and Winter. Bourjois promises that these rich lipsticks will not smudge due to their velvet formula. I didn’t quite find this to be the case and highly recommend blotting your lipstick to increase it’s longevity. Once blotted, I found the lipsticks would last all day with minor touch ups after eating. Baring in mind these are £8.99 each, that is not bad at all!
When switching these lipsticks I was so impressed with their pigmentation, each swatch is with only one swipe!
- Hey Nude ! – A real beige nude like a concealer for lips.
- Flaming’rose – A touch of pale nude to embellish the natural colour of lips.
- Hyppink chic – Deep pink to illuminate the complexion
- Hip Hip Pink – Pinky red for a trendy Marsala shade, easy to wear in any occasion.
- Brique-à-brac – A reddish light brown that will match all skin tones
- Abrico’dabra ! – A sweet & fresh peach nuance to brighten your look.
- Joli carmin’ois – A pepsy red with an orange undertone, so luminous for a bright smile.
- Rubi’s cute – An intense red for a bright timeless look.
- Fuchsia botté – A beautiful fuchsia with a hint of blue and a lot of peps!
- Magni-fig – This deep and intense purple, very saturated, reveals a trendy touch.
- Berry formidable – A deep burgundy colour for a sophisticated look.
- Brunette – A dark brown with a red undertone, a true head-turner.
I feel like across the 12 shades, there is a shade for everyone. My absolute favourites were the gorgeous peachy Abrico’dabra, deep Berry Formidable and Brique-à-brac, which gives me some MAC Velvet Teddy vibes. In fact I can 100% see myself wearing all of the deep reds and berrys throughout Autumn, especially Magni-fig. The formula itself is just so good, I would love to see Bourjois expand on this collection with a magnitude of nudes as I feel this is the only shade which is seriously lacking. But if you love brights and bolds, this is definitely for you.
Overall I’m really impressed with this collection and will definitely be wearing all of these shades throughout the year. If you are on the hunt for a good drugstore lipstick or simply enjoy collecting bright lipsticks, this is definitely a collection to check out!
Emily Mae x
Disclaimer: Product was sent free of charge for testing. All photos and views are my own. Not a sponsored post.